In the News
Workers taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning
AMBULANCE staff and the fire service were called to a premises in Newtown after several people were taken unwell with carbon monoxide poisoning.
The incident took place at around 3.20pm on Wednesday afternoon at FAB beauty clinic, Merchants House, High Street.
The salon reopened and was working as usual on Thursday morning after inspections gave it the all clear.
Owner Claire Spalding, said they were operating ‘business as usual’ and there was no concern for customers.
Investigations are still being carried out to find out the cause of the carbon monoxide leak but Stephen Bowen, the owner of Merchant’s House said the building’s boilers had been tested and ruled out as a cause.
Nine people were taken to Royal Shrewsbury Hospital as a precaution.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We were called at 3.20pm to reports of an incident at a property on High Street, Newtown.
“We sent a basics doctor, two rapid response vehicles, a patient care service vehicle and three emergency ambulances to the scene, and nine patients were taken to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital for a precautionary check-up.”
For more information please click here