In the News
Two taken to hospital after suffering gas poisoning
An adult and a child were taken to hospital suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning yesterday.
Firefighters were called to Vernon Road in Aylestone, Leicester, after receiving a call from a householder shortly before 3pm.
Fire crews were called to the house in Vernon Road, Aylestone, Leicester
A Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “The caller said they were suffering from headaches. We called the ambulance service and sent two crews to the scene.
“The ambulance took an adult and a child to Leicester Royal Infirmary. The crews at the scene delivered leaflets to households in the immediate area warning about carbon monoxide poisoning.”
The two crews from Leicester’s central fire station ventilated the house and called the gas board to cap the supply.
For more information please click here