Pati and Jerry

April 2016

Pati & Jerry – “A week last Sunday our carbon monoxide alarm went off in the evening – we brought the one from upstairs down and that too bleeped. We opened the windows and doors and called the emergency number on the alarm. They were with us within the hour (free call out) and detected carbon monoxide and blocked off the gas outside. A chilly evening ensued (!) and we called a heating engineer the next morning. The emissions from the outside flue were huge and they had come inside due to a possible fault in the boiler. So a new boiler it is and how lucky we were. Everyone should get a carbon monoxide alarm as promoted by the brilliant work of the Katie Haines Memorial Trust in memory of our friends’ daughter Katie who tragically lost her life to carbon monoxide poisoning.”