Real life stories
As a friend of Katie and a Trustee of the KHMT, I am well aware of the dangers of CO. This is why I still can’t quite believe what happened to my husband and I last week. We were busy getting ready upstairs in our house on Thursday morning. I headed downstairs to make breakfast and as I opened the kitchen door I realised our Carbon Monoxide Tester was going off. I quickly opened the back door and called to my husband. We reset our CO detector but it went straight off again and was showing a reading of 600 parts per million. Fortunately we knew to get out of the house and into fresh air. We called the gas engineer who turned our gas off and condemned our boiler. The levels of CO were so high that they would have been fatal in 3 hours. Without a CO alarm I dread to think what would have happened.We like to think a guardian angel was looking over us that morning. It reminds me how important it is that we continue to raise awareness of the importance of having an alarm. I speak to people almost every day about this and am still shocked that many people do not have an alarm. Protect yourself and your family by getting one today. It could save your lives.