In the News
Fire crews and police attend carbon monoxide leak in Bideford
THREE fire crews and police attended a property in Bideford last night at 9.30pm after reports of a gas leak.
Two crews from Bideford and a crew from Barnstaple confirmed there was a carbon monoxide leak at the house in Meddon Street.Police, who also attended, gained entry to an adjacent property to investigate the source of the carbon monoxide.
Fire crews were then able to confirm the source of the gas to be a faulty flue from a log burner which had caused fumes to seep up into the roof space.
Meddon Street was closed at the junction with New Road at 10.25pm until 11pm.
The occupant of the property was treated at the scene by paramedics but police could not confirm whether this was for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police and Wales and West Utilities and the fire crews secured the property soon after 11pm.
For more information please click here