In the News
Fire campaign: many rented homes don’t have carbon monoxide detectors
Coinciding with a West Yorkshire campaign to encourage landlords to fire-proof their homes, research shows two in five renters have not received a gas safety certificate.
Up to 99,000 rented households across Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire have had a fire or gas leak in their home.
Only one in four tenants say their landlord has a carbon monoxide alarm fitted in their property and one in ten say they don’t have a smoke detector.
Last year a landlord from Wakefield was prosecuted after ignoring repeated warnings to have gas appliances in his rented property checked. The landlord was fined a total of £450 and ordered to pay £1,000 towards costs.
For more information please click here