In the News
Family taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after blaze
Four members of the same family have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning after a chimney fire.
Crews were called to the home in Law View, Preston, Duns just before 6pm on Wednesday.
They found that a blockage in the chimney which had caused the blaze also caused toxic carbon monoxide fumes to gather in the house.
All four people living there were taken to Borders General Hospital, suffering from the possible effects of poisoning. They are believed to be a man, woman and their two children.
For more information please click here