Real life stories
I wanted to contact you too to let you know that the great work that you have all been doing to raise awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning is really paying off. After hearing about what happened to Katie, a friend of mine installed a CO detector in her home and insisted her parents do the same. They forgot about the detector completely until last Sunday morning when it started going off. They left the house and called an engineer to come and investigate, it turned out that their boiler had malfunctioned and was releasing toxic fumes – it has now been condemned. My friend called me to say that I had saved her parents lives that day – actually it wasn’t down to me at all. I wanted to pass on their appreciation to you, I know it can be of little comfort but please be assured that Katie’s tragic passing is making a difference to other people’s lives.
Best wishes to you and your family Emma