Death of former Watford Observer reporter, Katie Samuel, sparks carbon monoxide campaign

A campaign to change the law to make the fitting of carbon monoxide detectors compulsory whenever a carbon-burning appliance has been fitted, has been set up in memory of former Watford Observer reporter Katie Samuel.

Katie’s life was cut short in February 2010, when she was the victim of the “silent killer”, carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, due to a faulty heating system. She was just 31 years old.

The CO detector that would have saved her life was in a drawer at home but hadn’t been activated.

Click here to read the full article.