In the News
Carbon monoxide alarm bill passes Pa. committee
A committee in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives has approved a bill to create standards for the use of carbon monoxide alarms in multi-family dwellings.
House Bill 968, approved Wednesday by the House Consumer Affairs Committee, would require multi-family dwellings with a fossil fuel-burning heater, appliance, fireplace, or an attached garage to be equipped with an operational, centrally located and approved carbon monoxide alarm.
The legislation was introduced by Rep. Frank Farry (R-Bucks), who said statistics by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate that Pennsylvania is a national leader in fatalities as a result of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
Farry added that more than 30 states already have some type of carbon monoxide detector requirement.
The bill now moves to the full House for consideration.
For more information please click here