Gordon Samuel

  • Gordon Samuel

I’m the father of Katie Haines (née Samuel) who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in her home. In the weeks following Katie’s tragedy my family, wife Avril and children Adam and Lydia and Katie’s husband Richard, formed the KHMT to raise much needed awareness of this lethal ‘silent killer’ – carbon monoxide.

I’m the co-owner of Osborne Samuel Ltd, a commercial art gallery in Mayfair, London. I hope to use my skills, honed in my years as an art dealer, and my contacts, to vigorously campaign to make sure every home is installed with an audible carbon monoxide alarm to lessen the needless fatalities and countless unrecorded deaths per year and to encourage the public to have their combustible appliances, especially boilers, annually serviced.

  • Date: June 24, 2014