After losing my beautiful daughter, Katie Haines, to CO poisoning, I knew it was important to ensure that others did not suffer such a needless death. Therefore, with Katie’s husband Richard, my husband Gordon and our children Adam and Lydia, I set up The Katie Haines Memorial Trust to raise awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning and to investigate ways of making everyone’s lives safer from this poisonous gas.
I’m particularly concerned about the most vulnerable sectors of society, such as the elderly and students in low cost housing. I am now retired but worked for several years for Farmers Weekly magazine in a secretarial/admin capacity. I completed an Open University Degree in English in 2001.