Olivia Murray 2015

Olivia Murray – April 2015

My name is Olivia Murray and I read an article a while ago about Katie. I was so very sorry to hear of the loss of Katie and I suppose the article particularly affected me because when I was about 15 I very nearly died from CO poisoning. I realise now how lucky I was to survive – I received excellent treatment at Whipps Cross hospital in two of their hyperbaric oxygen chambers – although I recall they were very claustrophobic. I was very fortunate indeed ( though it did have quite an impact on me just pre my GCSEs as I had counselling for PTSD and flashbacks) and realise how different things could have turned out. Since then I have not surprisingly been very cautious and careful to get boilers checked (my incident happened when I was staying at a friend’s house overnight and it transpired their boiler had not been serviced for years, if at all) and have even been know to take CO alarms on holiday.

I just wanted to say that I think the work you are doing to raise awareness of this issue is fantastic and that if there is anything I can do to assist you in this mission, as a CO poisoning survivor, I should be very pleased to do so.

Best wishes
Olivia Murray